Technical Service Tracking Software
Things You Need to Know While Looking for a Technical Service Software
In this article, we are discussıng the differences between online technical service program and desktop programs leading to the argument why our choice should be online technical service software.
First, you can start by identifying your needs for a business that provide after-sales technical service for your clients. If you need to manage your business from several different centres, the desktop programs are not of any help for you. If you want to record information related to devices and processes during business tracking and management simultaneously and to provide different people with access to the relayed information, you should refer to cloud database supported online technical service software. Comparing to the customary desktop programs, we look at the advantages and disadvantages of online technical service software to see the differences between the two types of programs.
1. Advantages of Online Technical Service Program:
- You do not require a backup.
- You have easy access from every device that has an internet connection.
- Installation is not required.
- It’s maintenance-free.
- Low cost.
- You will not incur any additional costs for updates.
- Direct access is provided with one username and password.
- Provided that you are using SaaS, you will not encounter server costs.
2. Disadvantages of Online Technical Service Program:
- It Requires Internet.
3. Advantages of Desktop Programs:
- You do not require an internet connection to utilize your program.
- All backups are available on hand.
4. Disadvantages of Desktop Programs:
- You may face the risk of losing your backups in case you don’t back up frequently.
- There is a demand for installation and frequent updating.
- You can only operate on the computer where the program is installed.
- You are expected to remain committed to the program’s provider.
- You can open an additional user account only to the extent permitted by the program.
- It is possible to operate from one centre alone.
Technical service tracking programs, unlike desktop programs, provide after-sales technical service tracking and support specific to various sectors. GSM, electronic and white goods, medical technologies and public institutions service registries are tailored for the sector in online technical service tracking programs. You can request a demo version of ServisSoft for a free trial. As one of the few in its sector, ServisSoft aims to strengthen your customer relations in order to provide high-quality service with its 24/7 live support and practical application panel.